Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Feliz Aniversário



It had been a day completely full of street contacts, successful street contacts, but none the less, street contacts, and Sister East and I were heading to a member's home for FHE with the Branch.  Wednesday nights with FHE, are always my favorite nights because we get a guaranteed hour to sit down, and we get to relax and just have fun with the members for an hour or so.  As we approached the member's home, there were a few members outside talking.  One of the Irmãs stood in front of the door and forbid me to enter.  I thought it was just a joke, and tried to sneak past her, but she grabbed me and held me prisoner while the rest of the members entered the home.  Finally, she and I entered the home.  The instant I stepped in, everyone started singing, "Parabéns para você, nesta data querida..."  On top of this awesome surprise, someone had made a delicous birthday cake, salgados, hotdogs, and a poster with my name on it and "Feliz Aniversário"!  I may or may not have felt a little special...heehee!  Needless to say, it was one of the best FHE yet, and the best birthday in Brasil that I could have had!!!

From an email that I received from Laura, I have been pondering the phrase 'humbly trust in the Lord'.  As I have been studying, I came across a scripture in 3 Nephi 26:11, which states that the Lord will 'try the faith of His people'.  In this most recent conference, Neil A. Anderson said, 'With faith comes the trial of our faith, which grows more faith!'  Summarized in a 'Courtney style', the Lord is telling us that our lives won't be a swim in a fish tank.  We're going to be facing a whole Ocean full of trials and challenges, but with each trial of our faith, we will be strengthened.  The key to all this, is that even in the midst of all these challenges, we cannot and should not curse the God who gave us life.  We need to humbly trust that our Heavenly Father is in control and that everything we suffer will work out for our good!  I know that our Heavenly Father loves us beyond description!  If we humbly trust in Him, we will be able to have joy and peace in this life and eternal life in the life to come!

Merry Christmas!!!!!  And a Merrier New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment