Friday, August 31, 2012

Hormones & Chocolate

I don't know if Elders have the same problem, but I always feel like my hormones are going crazy on the mission...sometimes I'm scared to even talk to myself.  Perhaps its just the business of our schedule everyday or the challenging work.  Whatever it is, I find myself craving chocolate on a regular basis...not necessarily a bad thing (except when I'm craving Reeses or Snickers and I know I can't buy one of those delectable chocolates here...*tear*)  Now in my second transfer in Guarabira, I've made the determination that Guarabira has the potential to break me or make me stronger; and with most things in life, it's up to us to decide what it'll be.  I've decided that Guarabira will make me stronger.  It's kind of like sports (any aspect of life is kind of like sports) It's the coach that really pushes you to reach your potential, even if you want to die in the middle, it's this coach that you truly love and respect.  Heavenly Father is the best coach I could have right now.  Sure, everything I'm going through and have gone through in Guarabira hasn't been necessarily pleasant, but as long as I don't fight against my Coach, but instead learn to trust in him and just go to work, I will become stronger, I will become better, and I will become the powerful missionary that He needs and knows I can be.

Today I had my first P-Day de zona!!  We all met up at the Chapel and played some volleyball, basketball, and football (just throwing around the ball)!  Gosh it's been such a long time!  and wow did it feel so good to play sports again!  To be honest, I can't believe I've survived almost 5 months wearing a skirt everyday...miracles still happen!  However, I do have to say that sweating in a t-shirt and shorts is a whole lot more pleasant than sweating in a skirt! heehee!

Thanks so much to everyone that has written me!!  I appreciate the letters very much!  Your support and encouragement really mean a lot to me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment